View Single Post
Originally Posted by pisarz1958 View Post
Too bad, it's already there, the difference is that if you then rapidly scroll up, SFOS browser shows some blurry mess from cache. I have no such issue on my PC though, but then I use one of these webkit browsers :/

Web has changed since 1980s, guys. You might not like these shiny, constantly refreshing, responsive websites, but they're here. According to StatCounter data this release of Firefox is in use by ~3% Firefox users, you can't expect web developers to jump through hoops just to support it, you know. Not being supported by an ancient browser doesn't mean that website is not coded according to standards, it just means that the browser is not supporting them.
You're taking the same position of the apologist that's always used in these discussions, which presents both the present and the future as inevitable.

- Standards? Who cares! We know better than to do things in a way that's guaranteed to work! Stop complaining, this is the future!

- Keeping memory usage as low as possible? Who cares! Memory is cheap now, it's only normal for a plaintext chat application to take up 500MB of RAM! Stop complaining, this is the future!

- Cooperation? Who cares! We know better! Stop complaining, this is the future!

- Privacy? Who cares! Companies/governments already know everything about you by now! Stop complaining, this is the future!

It's always the same: if you have any complaints about current goings-on (and future directions) in the technology department, you must be a crazy senile caveman who doesn't want to follow the path of progress, the path of or towards enlightenment. No! We complain precisely because we see that this is not the path of progress. Change will always be fundamentally necessary, but the changes must also be good!

Either way, you're misrepresenting the issue. Save for the occasional actually new technology (a rare occurrence), web developers who want to support older browsers don't need to 'jump through hoops', they just need to adhere to the standards - then they support all browsers (except Internet Explorer, which is genuinely a browser many web developers still jump through hoops for).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post: