View Single Post
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
I think this is a great idea. I think that we should also note applications that fall under the following categories:

1. Fremantle applications that were of good quality but no longer work (due to API changes, etc), as original developers moved on to other platforms
2. Fremantle applications that currently work, but are in danger of suddenly not working because there is no current developer support
3. Promising Fremantle applications that were left unfinished

I am most interested in 1 & 2, as there are a lot of good applications already out there that simply need a developer to maintain it. This seems to be a potential usability limiter moving forward, especially in the context of maemo potentially getting a new lease on life via the neo900 and other projects.

I am certainly willing to donate to the cause of keeping/reviving maintainer support for the projects I use and don't want to die.
I think the intersection of 1 & 3 is the Twitter app space. Is there a finished product for the current twitter APIs?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post: