View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
(snip bat ideas)
I will keep the remainder including the excelent FOSS and privacy conscious gadgetbridge app of of the f-Droid app repository.
https://github.com/Freeyourgadget/Gadgetbridge/wiki
I have been using gadgetbridge to upload apps and do firmware update on the Pebble, this wiki also informs how to get the .pbw files and firmware files and then run them through gadgetbridge.

Secondly, Proprog

If you are still taking requests I would love to be able to scrape out info from the following programs once I can pair it!!!!

*hxmtracker so I can read my Heart Rate Monitor while on the exercise cycle or grunting up big hills this is FOSS
*some sort of bicycle computer feed to get both heart-rate and GPS speed odometer maybe incline too
*Network bridge(with privacy switch in conf file) so some of the Pebble apps can work even better to selectivly firewall but that might be overkill(oy just got my first app trying to force a payment but failing as gadgetbridge blocks network)
*read/display from a file or several files, so that in the future I can have a script or program just write something to a file and it will flash up on the Pebble every few minutes or when it changes
*GPS some Pebble apps need GPS to run, but what I would really love is a way to utilize the gyro and compass to enable essentially either turn by turn connection to a driving program or just turn the Pebble into a compass pointing towards the destination. See Pebble app Compass for a great demo

I would even poke into the code despite my being mostly less than a script kiddie. Have you done any pebble apps?

Last edited by biketool; 2017-09-03 at 18:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: