View Single Post
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Heretic question maybe.

With pebble watches dying off in the next 2-5 years, how viable would it be to "make" rockpool compatible to Asteroid OS and thus some of your work on rockpool more future proof?

My Pebble Steel has severe display controller issues, so i flashed AsteroidOS on a LG Watch R my brother abondened.
Frankly, i am using last nights alpha build and am utterly impressed by how complete this thing already feels to suit my humble usecase.
If only Asteroid could pair with SFOS and get notifications or even sync calender and weather some time in the future
Would any of rockpools code be reusable or is it more like starting from scratch?

Sync to android is in the works, so the noob in me concludes there is already "something" listening on Asteroid side.
Edit, there is also some kind of Linux control app
A lot of the core would be very reusable - there's lots there based on Javier's watchfish library to gather PIM and notification information from Sailfish, and the Music player info too. All the Pebble protocol would have to come out though, so there wouldn't be much left. It would be cool though, wouldn't it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post: