View Single Post
Please give this a try. If it works I'll push to extras-devel.

On a side note, if you have unknown-album coming up and you know that the tags are present, you can avoid a full tracker reset. Move the album folder, preferably to somewhere tracker does not scan, wait a while to tracker notices that the files no longer exist and then move them back.

For tracker itself, I find it picks up tags best if left with original config file, not using the settings listed elsewhere to reduce CPU usage. When copying a large quantity of files, remove USB and then do nothing, at most open media player and leave it on the first screen until the media scan has completed. Using the device during this time seems to increase the number of missed tags.

Finally, the reason I haven't updated this in a while is because I haven't needed to use it. Until a few years ago, the only commercial (paid) software I had, except games, was Windows. Everything was free or open source be it OpenOffice>LibreOffice, Mozilla>Firefox (from Phoenix days), CodeBlocks>Visual Studio Express and so on. My music solution was EAC but that changed to dbpoweramp, the first and only commercial app I own. It has a very good tagging solution (although I had to change multiple artist tagging in latest version back to ; delimited list in options) and embeds all artwork in the files and optionally save a folder.jpg/cover.jpg (a pain for Maemo as the gallery would fill up with the artwork images). It just makes it easier to edit once and get it to spit out FLACs for preservation as well as a folder of aac files for the N900 and the car audio system. I'm sure there are free alternatives that do a good job of embedding the art, tagging etc. so I'm open to another open source replacement if there are suggestions.
Attached Files
File Type: deb mussorgsky_0.5.2-10_all.deb (33.8 KB, 61 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: