View Single Post
Is it worth revisiting a "make out own" type of thing?

TLR - Is it possible to have enough people to agree on sticking a single board PC in a case, along with a screen (6 or 7 inches), a battery, and keyboard?

With bazillions of projects being done with the raspberry pi 1,2&3 it is definitely possible to make something that fits in a pocket...even if it has to be a large coat pocket- I think I'd setle for that.

Example...
- As a forum, decide on some hardware - put it to a vote if need be, to choose the board that is preferred to work with. I have no idea myself. I am but a lowly "end-user" that occasionally tinkers with things, but someone out there must have put Linux on some of the more powerful single board computers out there:

2 other options apart from a raspberry pi 3 (which I don't think is powerful enough really) off the top of my head:
Lattepanda
Udoo x86
I have seen loads that I can't think of right now.

After that, find a "case", or shell that is easily available. I have seen youtubers put Raspberry pi's into pencil cases, with battery and 7inch screen -and even a bluetooth keyboard - all fitting inside. There has got to be some readily available case solution like that to fit. Or maybe there's a 3D ptinting firm that someone knows about that could knock a few hundred case designs out and give a discount on price if enough people confirm an order. I'd even go for making something out of polystyrene.

End result- a "standard", pocket fitting, Linux PC that you can walk around with, use anywhere and doesn't cost the earth.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kyllerbuzcut For This Useful Post: