View Single Post
Happy new year everyone! This is my first post and had something terrible happen with the Nokia N900 phone.

Firstly I tried to resolve disappearing conversations and SMS text messages by following instructions from here (which i regretted since i created this problem):

http://www.parorrey.com/blog/technol...on-nokia-n900/

I tried this to delete the corrupted event database:

sudo gainroot
rm -rf /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db
killall rtcom-messaging-ui

Then i saw that may of my icons on the GUI were moved around. I restarted and then started getting boxes instead of text and "missing image" icons. Seemed the entire GUI was transformed into boxes. I tried to enable bluetooth (by figuring out which box icon was the bluetooth icon but when I did the phone made a buzzing noise and restarted.

My USB does not work so I tried to access the Nokia N900 via PC Suite via bluetooth but the device was not found (i have windows 7, 64bit).

All I want to do is save all my data (pics, address book, notes). However I can not access anything and the entire phone is dominated by boxes. When you try to press buttons the phone restarts.

Not sure what to do. How can I access the hard drive so I can save my data and obviously how do i reverse the phone to its previous state? I have not seen the problem anywhere so wondering if anyone can help?

Here are screenshots:

1) Enter PIN
2) Put in time/date
3) GUI
4) Pre-Bluetooth Screen
5) Enable Bluetooth screen

My USB X3 snapped off so I do not have USB (but i ordered part via Ebay). I have been using Bluetooth to move files around. However now I can not use Bluetooth (even though I enabled it miraculously) since PC Suite can not locate the device (is it because of Windows 7? is worked previously for me).

What is wrong with the phone and what can i do? Please help!
Attached Images