View Single Post
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
I was wondering: will Situations consume a lot of battery? I'm using Schturman's Auto-profile changer now, so there's only a check on time running. Situations based on wifi, bluetooth, cell could possibly cause more battery use?
Thanks!
WiFi and Bluetooth are currently based on scanning the available networks / devices on 1 minute interval. So in general, they do increase power consumption to some degree. WiFi scanning in general is quite efficient however and BT will be improved at least for paired devices in the future. And in some distant future I might introduce an option to adjust the scanning interval and/or to make both conditions fully reactive, which should help the power consumption in some cases.

Cell condition does not really cause any increase since it is not based on polling. Same goes for Time, Accessory & Battery.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Also worth noting is that if you combine for example Time condition with WiFi, then WiFi scanning happens only while the Time condition is active. So that way it is possible to limit the impact on battery.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post: