View Single Post
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
there is a Maemo 5 launch without a date announced, there is a Maemo Summit with a date decided but not necessarely linked to the launch,
Hehe, now you linked 'em Let the speculation begin!

there is a possibility to involve some community developers and representatives in the launch but that would involve an NDA at least to keep the date confidential...
Personally, I have nothing against NDAs. I think the problem with Palm Pre site was that its owners had definition of non-disclosurable materials somewhat different from Palm's. On the other hand, Palm's legal department overreacted: a stern warning would be enough in that particular case.

Not only for now this case of Maemo 5, generic ideas on how to collaborate more and better around public launches and developer camps are also very much appreciated.
My suggestion is to collaborate extensively with software developers in the community who have proven that they are worth their word. I have no personal opinion on collaboration with bloggers. Also, NDAs should concisely enumerate types of information that cannot be disclosed. And, of course, I would strongly suggest to listen to hardware design suggestions from the community and implement the most wanted ones. No, Quim, seriously, how many times and how many people have to ask for that goddamn dpad, to make your hw engineers finally listen?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post: