View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Don't get me wrong, it is a great project and I have full respect for you but I hope that even you admit that the progress would be much faster if you could focus on modRana full time at full pay and not on evenings and weekends as a hobby.
Actually - that depends how I would be paid for working on modRana. Because if it was a commercial application, I would have to do compromises (closed code, limiting access only to paid customers, intentionally cripling functionality in non paid version, etc.) that would hurt modRana as a project.

I think there are parallels to Sailfish OS development as well (all the Jolla developed closed source components for example).

So I'm actually fine to be paid for working on something else (which is actually also open source, written in Python & running on Linux ) so that I can work on modRana the way I want to, not the way commercial development would dictate.

Of course I guess I would not mind if someone paid me to work on modRana the way I do it now (donations welcome! ;-) ).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: