View Single Post
Sorry for not being as active lately. A combination of frustration with code and the still on going medical issue have meant I've not been spending as much time working on any side projects. Still not 100% convinced with diagnosis but at least I know its nothing major.

Anyway, I've cleaned up some of the work I started on an idea for a HildonWindow/ HildonStackedWindow replacement. The basic idea is to replace the vbox in the original HildonWindow with a GtkStack. It has a set of callback functions listening for items added to or removed from the stack. On adding a single item to the stack it will react just like a plain old window. Instead of having lots of HildonStackedWindows we could just add the contents to a container and add that to the GtkStack. There are some notes within the hildon-window.c source file. On compilation it will produced a tut_prog file in the hildon folder. You can run this to see a quick example. I am definately not great with Makefiles so for some reason it is now appearing as a shared library when last time it built it was an executable...with no changes??

Going forward, the Hildon menu code that currently depends on hildon-desktop and X11 could be replaced with a standard menu item in the GtkHeaderBar. What about for stacked windows? Maybe the HildonStackedWindow could become a container class, say HildonStackedContent. You could assign a menu to the container through hildon_stacked_content_set_menu. On changing the stack contents, you could check if a menu is present and display as necessary.

I don't think any of this will work correctly under the existing hildon-desktop due to the way that GtkHeaderBar is drawn (it ends up under the status area iirc). You can force it to render the window manager title bar and it should display correctly at the top and draw the GtkHeaderBar underneath, but you'd lose lots of space. The real purpose of this test was to try getting the stacked window concept working without hildon-desktop and without relying on directly using X11 functions.

Sorry if the explanation is a little confusing. It's been a while since I started this.
Attached Files
File Type: gz libhildon.tar.gz (76.2 KB, 78 views)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: