View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I am happy to announce a point update (1.4.3) which includes updated translations and fixed a bug in Mapbox GL style leading to visible rivers in the new version.

What was supposed to be a simple update, turned out to be nothing like it. With the deprecation of libsystemd-daemon library and integration of its functionality to libsystemd, I suddenly had to link to full-blown systemd lib. Turned out, that Harbour wasn't very happy about it. After spending few nights on trying to get around it, I decided to stop distribution of OSM Scout Server via Harbour. This allows me to explicitly request systemd dependency in the package and focus on developing software instead of running around and avoiding Harbour barriers.

I have opened corresponding issue at https://github.com/sailfishos/sdk-ha...tor/issues/102 and the fix doesn't seem to be expected in the near future.

Thus, please use OpenRepos or OBS for getting the last versions.
This is really sad - it's already really hard to write non trivial native applications and apparently not well though out changes like this don't make this any better.

In any case, huge thanks for doing all this, including all the ridiculous workarounds and all the extra work you have to do to get what should be basic platform functionality. I've seen also many of your emails to sailfish-devel pointing to all these issues and I'm note sure I remember even a single case of Jolla actually doing the changes or fixing the issue you pointed out - that really does not look good for them & for Sailfish OS overall...

So thanks a lot, I really mean it!

And on a more positive note, we now finally have something like a roadmap & new update, so let's hope it's a sign Jolla might finally start to work on all the critical things that have been ignored for much too long.

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
I have been busy lately with other projects and couldn't work much on the server (trying to help @kimmoli with Onyx SFOS port and working on Presage keyboard with @martonmiklos @ljo). As soon as we get the keyboard into a good shape, I'll continue server development and work on resolving the outstanding issues, such as search for POIs without names and others.
I'll hopefully should be now (after a major conference & the obligatory February-plague) able to start in earnest on MapBoxGL integration in modRana and all the other important improvements that really need to happen.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: