View Single Post
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by xman View Post
[...]
Now a question for you. How did you come to hear about or be interested in the neo900? And what important to you?
[...]
Thanks for your kind reply. I donated to the neo900 project when it was first announced, because it sounded like a nice refresh of the n900 devices. Doubling or quadrupling the RAM in an n900 would help a lot. I still use one of my n900s every day, mostly as a little ipython calculator, but I run some other apps too. Also, on rare occasions I will get a call from work when I'm away from any computers, and I have to run one of the X11 apps we've developed at work, so having a very portable X11 server (I tether it to my Android phone) is a real bonus for me. I've never found an X11 server app for Android that was usable.

For me, the additional privacy was never the big selling point. I wanted a better n900.

You can still buy new Android phones with removable batteries. Call me hopelessly naive if you will, but I don't believe they have secret inner batteries capable of keeping them running for hours after the main battery has been removed.

Last edited by Ken-Young; 2017-07-20 at 23:54.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post: