View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Gerbick, you're too smart to trivialize the issue like you just did. "Hatred"??? Come on-- that's sophomoric. C-.

I'll gladly debate this subject on objective merits but not THAT.
Please don't drag this into overblown pedantic or semantic trivia based on the weight of words without taking into context the conversational intonation of my chosen verbiage. Simply put, I'm using connotation, not denotation of any variation of the word "hatred".

If it suits you, use the word "dislike" if that will get a better response.

If I were using the word "iPhone", then hatred (denotation) would be pretty damn accurate given the knee-jerk reactions around here sometimes.

Now, with that said, don't dismiss what I'm saying. Simply put, all of this freedom has netted not much. Like my father once said... "people take freedom as to meaning they can do a whole lot of nothing..."

And that's what I see. A fractured bunch, waiting on updates and apps with no real corporate apps in sight, on a platform that can compile a few languages that support the admin types on their phone that if they're not careful might lead to a re-flash but no real attempts at an expansion of the phone as a platform - outside of the wifi hotspot app, I admit that is pretty darn fly.

The freedom to do everything has so far produced nothing.

And yes... I'm totally playing devil's advocate