View Single Post
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by caprico View Post
I really like your solution! How are your experiences? Thinking of trying the same. I guess you used the electronics of a Palm Pré, right? Thanks for the pictures & the idea
Not mine, Wonko did the same several pages before

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=26

Additionally - yes, as he did, I purchased a touchstone charger, a Palm charging coil back cover and some copper adhesive tape from Amazon. I peeled off the coil with a sharp screwdriver, added some adhesive tape (not copper) and placed it on the back of device (I used the same orientation as in the Palm cover as the manual showed it as the correct position for some reason, Wonko chose to rotate it). Then I used the copper tape to make the connections (the bottom coil pin is +). Since they don't stick well enough, I finally soldered them to the coil pins and made two drops up there where the Jolla pins are. The hardest part was to get the pins and the drops against each other - better leave the drops a bit to the outside so that the pins can't get them closer to each other. That was all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post: