Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
I have almost completely moved to Pure Maps for navigation, except when I have to take public transports. I use the different online service provders bundled with Pure Maps for my use case, so not OSM Server.The addition of HERE traffic maps is great, well, the coverage of OSM is quite weak here. Not a lot of people are happily contributing to OSM. I can see a lot of streets in HERE which do not exist in OSM. At least, I could see, even though these data from HERE would not be considered in calculating routes and stuff as all those are based on OSM data.

Anyway, I am using Pure Maps and I am happy with it. Thanks a lot for making it happen. I have a few suggestions, better said polishing requests.

1. Currently, if I do a navigation query and a route shows up, but if I would like to explore a different route, I would again have to go to menu, then navigation page and alter the preferences and recalculate the route. It would have been great if there was an easier way to modify already executed navigation query to tune the route rather than revisiting the whole process.

2. Could there be some way to select an arbitrary point on map for from/to in navigation page? There is an option to choose current location at from/to of navigation. Apart from that, could we just drop a pin manually on map to populate from/to. I am aware POIs can be created before opening the navigation screen and choose an already created POI.

3. Could there be any way that the search suggestions show up while typing address in from/to of navigation page? It already works well while searching.

These just some suggestions based on my use case. Thought I would chip in what I had in mind. Thank you once again for the amazing work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post: