View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Thanks Andrew

It's a real shame about Wayfinder as it could have been and should be a flagship app for the tablets. I have just checked the online maps on the wayfinder site, and they are a lot more up to date than what they have released for the tablet, so they have the data.

And if anybody says "Fixed in Fremantle" then.....
The shame is that it was shown off by Nokia as a flagship app in Chicago back in 2007 on the N800. It wasn't available for sale until about 3 months after that. When it was available it was sold @ $249 in the US exclusively through Nokia which used a third party for order fulfillment. Forum members who dealt with this third party directly found that the third party was willing to sell it for $219 without Nokia's involvement just 3 weeks after this exclusivity was announced.

This was all back when it was owned by Navicore. Somewhere along the line it was sold to Wayfinder. When that happen those of us who bought "Lifetime" licenses found that after "upgrading", the only thing that changed was the licensing terms and the start-up screen. We now all had 36 month licenses.

Somewhere along the line I think Nokia bought, then sold the company. Some of us had high hopes that they would do something about the low quality of the software but nothing changed.(The software works but remains 3rd generation at a time when even sub $100 PND's have 5th generation navigation software on them.) Am I bitter?

...not realy. You live and you learn, but I do have a good memory.

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-04-07 at 22:02. Reason: wrong