View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Who exactly would be held liable? The council? Maemo Community e.V.? I think all of your questions should be directed at either, or both, if they still exist. Both entities have been inactive for quite some time. Council elections for periods Q2 2018 and Q1 2019 never occurred. We seem to have been abandoned by the powers that be.

I'm not sure if we need disclaimers or if anyone can be sued, but I do agree with many of the points raised by endsormeans. There are problems on TMO that could be addressed, "for the sanity of the community", if you will. I'm all for a good debate but it's got to the point where insults and sarky comments have become a regular occurrence. Pointless infighting seems to be the norm now, and it's not just limited to start-up related threads. Not naming any names, the situation isn't helped by the fact that some of the instigators of this behaviour are forum moderators, which renders the "Report This post" button useless. An increasing number of threads these days are a waste of time because they are just filled with speculation, pointless bickering and the like. I'm quite bored of the TMO of late to be honest and I'm sure others probably are too. It's only a matter of time before people stop visiting and this forum is reduced to nothing.

EDIT: Just to be clear, banter and humour are fine, I've no problems with that. The more, the better!

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2019-02-02 at 03:07.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: