View Single Post
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
ok guys. none of your idea worked . im now going to try and download a USB bootable copy of Ubuntu and try it through that.

im downloading all the files now and will try this soon but are there any points i need to know???

i will follow the instructions bellow but do i need to mount the USB drives or anything?????????

im following this tut on putting Ubuntu on a USB stick

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/create-...sb-in-windows/

LINUX

Once you have downloaded the flasher and the fiasco-image, follow these steps:

Now turn off your device (make sure you unplug the charger or else the device wont power down completely, you can plug the device back into power once it starts flashing) and plug in the USB cable to a port on the computer and the port on your device.
Now, open up a terminal and run:
It will ask you for an administrator password, enter it.

sudo ./flasher-3.5 -F <FIASCO image> -f -RIt

will say:
Suitable USB device not found, waitingFirst, unplug the power cord from the device, as this will prevent it from updating. Then take your device, and hold down the Home/Swap button (looks like a little house on the N800 and 770, and two overlapping rectangles on the N810, N900 users will not have to hold down anything), and while holding down the Home/Swap button press the power button to turn it on.
If it doesn't doesn't boot and start flashing, make sure the USB cable is plugged in.
It should start flashing and then reboot.
You can remove the USB cable after it has booted to a normal desktop (just make sure to eject any cards that may have mounted on your computer).