View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
1. I currently use irssi as my lightweight IRC client (telepathy-idle works only for private messages, not for channels, right?). Occasionally, I may receive youtube links here. Firing up Fennec for them seems inefficient (especially since it's highly unlikely to have Adobe Flash plugin, or any other video plugin, correct?), and MicroB hasn't worked for me for a long time, even for simplest tasks (can elaborate later on that; probably something mis-configured multiple times, or something). I would like a way to play them. Preferably, it would be a Youtube plugin for Media Player (no python, please). The grilo plugin allows to "randomly" open something from Youtube, but does not seem to have interface for opening specific Youtube video (I have Youtube link in clipboard).

And yes, Vimeo and such compatibility is a plus (I am not fan of Youtube, and I do not like monopolists).

1.1. WiFi "randomly" disconnects when irssi is running. Is it because system does not know that irssi needs Internet Connection? Is there a setup to make sure that Internet Connection does not go away while IRSSI is running?

2. Sometimes, hildon-desktop goes slow. Killall-ing it makes it fast again. But, if it manages to freeze before it gets killall-ed, then I have to reboot. Is there a way to create a keyboard shortcut for killall-ing frozen hildon-desktop.

2.1. Is there a way to ctrl-alt-f3 to command-line, or something, when GUI is frozen? And yes, I realise that it would require some remapping of hardware keyboard, at the very least.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...