View Single Post
My N900 is the worst phone in the world. Many will say go buy an iphone, not another of these threads and bla bla bla. However, after missing one too many an important call in the last 6 months on a device I paid over $600 calls I have to voice my frustrations.

I am not talking about the cool and wonderful things the N900 can do like being connected to every conceivable chat engine at the same time and integration through the super conversations app. Nor the full web browser. Nor Conboy which is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Nor all the other super cool geek stuff the linux pros can do that I could not even dream of.

I am not even talking about the fact that the phone app is missing the most basic functions that we have had in Nokia phones for over 10 years now such as per contact ring tones, a proper call log, etc. Nor the fact that the call volume is not anywhere close to the level of the N95.

No what I am talking about is its basic functionality as a phone. I am not even refering to all N900s in general. I am talking about my N900. It is well and truly the worst phone in the world.

Now let me list why (and I just reflashed my phone recently by the way so that is not the solution/problem):

1. If I am watching video then I absolutely can't receive calls. I just get a missed call yellow notification flash up on screen.

2. That is bad but what is even worse is it sometimes happens even if I am not watching video. Phone doesn't ring. Just get missed call notification.

3. If I receive a call when the keyboard is open I dare not close the keyboard before answering the call because the 100 years the device takes to switch from landscape to portrait leaves me with a blank screen for so long that by the time the screen finally lights up the call has gone to voice mail. So I now have to make sure I answer before closing the keyboard.

4. Even when I don't have to switch from landscape to portrait I am very often left with a blank screen and a ringing phone. And no I am not covering the proximity sensor. It happens even when the device is on the table.

5. Very often when I miraculously get the answer button light up I press it and the button just freezes up.

6. I can't use the phone on speaker because the speaker volume is so terrible.

There is of course the fact that I have to charge the phone twice a day. I could of course disable connections and not use any of the cool stuff and it would last me through the day but then I would be left with nothing but the worst phone in the world. Better to use all the cool stuff and know I have a good device rather than a crap phone.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post: