View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
A committee whose purpose is to be the voice of the mcev...
I need to correct here:
The voice of the MC eV are its regular members aka General Assembly (GA).
Council is the voice of the associated members aka Community.

Considering the fact that this is a very tiny (118 voters been absolute max. over the last years) and privacy-concerned community, we would want to make sure everybody interested finds his home here, I believe, since we can't afford to pick supporters...

Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
...council is kept for historical reasons...
Tradition - yes, and sure it would be nice to have everybody involved convinced that becoming a regular member is the right thing to do, but thankfully noone can be forced... So Council as Community representation does have a purpose here. And since Council has no mandate to force anything besides elections, those liable (board) shall fear no harm from this committee.
Again: all real power comes from its' regular memebers (GA), were democracy defoils in our self-governed structure. Get a majority here and there'll be no limits to your initiatives. And if you don't want to unveil your identity to the board of directors (and only to them!), Council will be your addressee. Both has its 'right to exist' I guess. No problem. But yeah, the more people join MC eV, the less Council is needed... Someday the time may be right for ditching it, not sure community is ready yet.

Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Could we please avoid private emails? I think this discussion has public relevance.
I don't mind. No response so far though.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post: