View Single Post
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ New Orleans
Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'm glad to see that this has been such a well-received product! (I knew a few people were interested but the demand has been staggering!). I'm currently working to try and get some pricing and availability on some additional custom cables now that I have an idea of the sort of volumes that people are committing to.

In the meantime I'm looking for some more feedback on two product variations:
1) The current adapter bundled with a short (approx. 6") Mini USB extension cable. This will allow you to plug the cable into the N800, the adapter on the other end, and have yourself the same benefits as the adapter but with a bit more flexibility (and slightly safer for those who are worried about dropping the device/etc). I know ideally the cable would be mini B to Female A, but that has to be custom built (I have not found anyone who even knows of such a cable, let alone sells it) and I'm waiting to hear back from my cable manufacturer to see if it's possible and feasable). So in the mean time, anyone interested? Or does everyone think the adapter is fine and just wait to see if a full custom Mini B to Female A cable is possible?

2) Oh those poor N810 people! I'm going to open up another thread to see if there's interest from that side for something similar to the option I just mentioned above. While I'm hoping my custom cable manufacturer will be able to give me some reasonable options, the lead times (especially for Micro USB as it's extremely new and hard to find) may be quite long... so in the meantime: a bundle that includes a 6" Micro-USB to Mini-USB dongle along with one of the regular Mini-USB to Female A adapters. The other advantage to this would be that if you have both N800 and N810 you only need one adapter (just plug it into the N800, or plug it into the dongle with the N810). Opinions on that one can go either here or in the new thread.

Thanks!
-Rob
They have USB OTG cable adapters here:
https://serialio.com/store/product_i...roducts_id=456