View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
I'm with you there. I move to what best suits my needs at the time. So far, nothing has nailed it. Not sure it will, either.
Won't lie. I've not been fully happy with any option since Maemo - mind you, I was not enamored with the N900 due to GPS & telephony issues alongside build quality issues (wonky USB port) - and even then, it was mostly the N810 that my happiness was fulfilled the most.

I think it's great to want these things, even applaud those companies that attempt it, but then I always see the bickering that comes after an announcement. Case in point, Purism.

Folks were happy. It was using a chipset that they approved of. Then suddenly... they seem to have folks that are now requesting pretty much outlier stuff and being pushed aside because it's not a device that has an offline pager modem that can be turned off (or something like that).

Huh?

A device to satisfy them all has yet to happen. Probably will never happen because somebody will point out some overlooked item that a very minor slice of potential customers will ever require. But they sure as hell vocally want it.

Until then, I'm forced to use something that I truly do not agree with fully (iOS/Android). I want something that gives me freedom while spying on me less. Or at least let me know WHAT is spying on me because I have access to enough of the source code and can attempt to prepare myself for what is being snooped on. Until then... I'm still wearing my tin foil cap and hoping that helps.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: