View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You might. I don’t. I don’t really care of specs, design and what not at all atm. All that is completely irrelevant to me currently. Do we even have a project? How is he planning to bring this to the market? Do he have it worked out or do he plan to prototype this and after that looking for support?

I’m not saying chen shall disclose it. But that is something that is more important than technical issues and specs so what’s you thought about that?
You are right that we do not have this information, but your message was suggesting that the statement that Chen "is trying" could be questioned. I don't think we need to look into the books of the company or their development and marketing strategies to tell whether or not they are trying to reach the goal, that is all.

Chen is regularly telling that this task has not been abandoned and that progress is currently being done, he initially polled the community in this thread to check the demand, came up with hardware ideas and shared mock-ups of the theoretical device. Now, he stated that the prototyping stage has started, and he has confirmed/altered some of the initial specs in his later messages. If that is not a project, then I don't know when a project can claim being a project.

One can of course doubt the very premise that Chen is telling the truth, but since he is a famous 10-year member of our community, who on top of that has succeeded producing his previous keyboard mod, the least we could do is to spare him skepticism about his honesty. Especially as he is not even asking money to develop the product he wants to show us. Chen doesn't need anyone to defend himself, but come on, our fragile community should be more welcoming when someone is willing to invest time, sweat and capital into something we want. I would not find a great motivation into doing so if that kind of ambition is rewarded with skepticism and ranting from the community itself.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2018-07-30 at 14:18.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: