View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Do they have to? Was it not you bemoaning folks no longer being adventurous in the other thread?
Do you have any money to waste? Time to waste?

Last I checked, you're the person that has constantly stated that you will never buy anything brand new. How does this affect you unless it lands in the Sell threads here or on eBay months/years after its release?

Adventurous means the established manufacturers. Not a purchase at my expense from some neophyte company that haphazardly put something together.

It should not be adventurous for the buyer and unknown manufacturers is an adventure I will never go down unless they have tons of promise and a clear communication into their processes to replace the missing history of deliverables.

Simply stated: I will not suffer a broken device because it "looked cool" in 2018 by an unknown manufacturer. Feel free to vote with your money.

Some folks, including yours truly, avoided Nokia when it was big exactly because it was big.
You purchased when it got cheap. You've stated as much in the past.

It was the Microsoft of the mobile world. I may have missed on the Nxx0 series in the early days but... I could never have been able to afford them anyway.
Exactly my point about your input thus far.

On the other hand, I decided to be adventurous and go for a little known brand called Palm. I never regretted it. I used the same device for 9 years. The best UX of all time, unrivaled by anything to this day. No awkwardly placed keys (right, wicket? ), every UX element thought through to the last detail and for maximum efficiency. Why does no one learn? There is an existing example of how things can be done well yet everyone keeps reinventing the wheel. Badly.
Palm was quite known in the US - I'm assuming you were not aware of how deeply entrenched Palm was during the time of the Treo 650 and forward.

Psion was a relative unknown in the US, yet I was an owner. Why? Because it was a quality device and they were very easy to work with, inquiries about service and warranty service were always replied to in a timely manner. They fulfilled the one thing that

Not sure what your point was attempting other than being contrarian to be honest. No device that's been released lately came from a major manufacturer. Pyra, GPD, so forth...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: