View Single Post
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Tauranga, NZ
Actually since my first comment I have sat back and actually noticed how I use my ITT. And the always on vs available answer changes depending on the use. So here are some of my more common uses;

Second Monitor - huh? Well I find my N800 sat plugged in next to my main PC monitor running skype, gtalk, mauku and a couple of yahoo piped location rss feeds. Essentially the N800 acts as a comms tool, right there and always on.

Podcasts/Music - around the house, in bed (sorry for the mental picture there peeps) and when out walking the wifi & bt are off, kagu in screen off mode and so effectively in always available mode.

In the Car - Always on. The BT is working overtime with a gps and maps (thank you gnuite maemo mapper rocks and I can't wait for v2 this weekend), kagu is pumping out whatever and once I can sort out my 3g modem (bleedin Jasjam) i'd expect a couple of other yahoo piped traffic feeds to be coming in.

So for me where I have access to power the N800 is always on, I love the instant updates. But for me often the freedom and longevity of not being tied to a power source rules.

So I guess what I need is something like an iGo emergency battery pack stashed just in case.

In the car