View Single Post
Originally Posted by marxistvegan View Post
Maybe it is me coming from podcatcher, but I am not seeing the subscriptions I imported as automatically being downloaded, nor do I see a way to trigger that, the subscriptions show only the ones from the say I added them but not any new ones after they have been published. How do I trigger it to check and download new ones? I like the play feature where it keeps the time that it was played at and I can listen to another podcast in between and come back to an old one. Great work! Looking forward to the updated.
I hope I understand your problems: just a quick explanation of the concept: You can globally define what happens to a new episode (preferences: global settings) top of playlist/bottom of playlist puts the episode to the playlist. If you switch on download of episodes/additional load on mobile the episodes are downloaded in the playlist. Otherwise they are streamed.

You can also configure every podcast to top/bottom playlist it's episodes: Library - longpress to podcast -> settings icon (wheel) OR press on the icon of every episode -> in the then opening overview of the podcast's episodes press the top left settings Icon (wheel).

In Inbox/history/queue: clicking on the icons move to the podcast overview (and the possibility to do settings (wheel). Clicking on the other parts of an episodes moves to the episode description. Longpress for other functionality.

So for your question - as I understand: You need to know that every podcast has it's possibility to put it's posts to the playlist - and they will be downloaded when set in preferences. If you remove any episode from the playlist (or when it is put into history after beeing played) the audio file will be deleted! In a future release I will have some smoother ways for that: Option "download favorites" - so starred episodes will be saved and the possibility to hold $count played episodes in the playlist (Pritlove wish) so that you can quickly listen/switch to just played episodes.

And in 1.7-0(ff) the download will be better handled if you have networking failures.

Another thing: Podqast is episode oriented - not podcast oriented:The episodes know where they come from and you can restore the podcast e. g. for subscribing - but the podcasts do not need to be subscribed. It is possible to just put one episode of a podcast into the playlist: discover any podcast, look at the full list (yes the bigger icon in the podcast overview gets you to the full list) longpress one episode and choose what should be done with it. I am not happy with the podcast overview/subscribe page (first/last entry is nuts with the full list icon). It would be better to have more information about the podcast there (url to the web page, format and stuff like that).

Sorry the writing of a useful manual (at gitlab) is on my queue but not very advanced.

Last edited by cy8aer; 2018-11-24 at 14:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post: