View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Guys, perhaps it migh help to give a list of your installed applications. I am on a mix of Thumb and Devel and I am nkt seeing any signs of a misbehaviour.

Wiki, do you have any specific objections to Qt? I could understand if it were about, "oh, shoot, this is a Qt app, I need to install some dependencies too", then I could understand. But Qt is already installed on the N900.
I am generally on CSSU-Testing, but there may be some apps from CSSU-Devel (like the unlock-slider-for-systemui).

I am just trying to go to "pure Hildon" state, and get rid of Python-Qt-whatever user interfaces which bring inconsistency. Sure, they work, but they look differently. And I am fairly sure that having only-GTK takes less memory than having GTK+Qt mixed apps running at the same time.

I like Qalendar. But why Qt? Is the Maemo 5 as a whole going to be re-written to Qt? If so, I do not have much objections; but in the light of Qt being too widespread everywhere, I would rather keep GTK, and avoid patchwork of this-and-that.

Like, GNUstep may be interesting, but I would rather see it by itself on OpenDarwin than randomly mixed with other frameworks on a random operating system.

Thank you. Best wishes.

P.S. Will try to give a list of all installed applications later. Maybe, like "dpkg -L" or something.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: