View Single Post
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Okay, I was going to drop it but apparently something else needs to be said after YoDude's post (with which I mostly agree):

1) we shouldn't have to walk on eggshells because one poster has a personal problem with another's input. By that I mean none of us should have to refrain from offering our reasoned opinions anywhere in the forum IMO. That entitles troublemakers to de facto control.

2) somehow a few have come to the absurd notion that there were 2 combatants in that thread. Check again. There was a thread-starter making an announcement, followed by a few expressing doubt-- then a hyperbolic reaction by the thread-starter to that doubt. After that, numerous members of the community universally took the thread-starter to task for his nonsense, which regardless of who posted was unreasonably directed at ONE person.

I'm sorry, but if we're going to belabor this at least get the facts straight.

Specifically:

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
It is also MHO that both of the parties in question should refrain from responding in this thread so that once again, the forum membership is free to form a consensus with out the implication of a personal, ulterior motive.
Censorship? and.. BOTH parties? Looks like a math error there. Count participants again, and re-evaluate one particpant's involvement, please. Thanks.

Second EDIT: seriously YoDude: there was no back and forth between 2 posters. There was back and forth between one poster (about the other) and several other posters. The other poster (me) mostly made some silly asides and refrained for the most part from engaging the one. Hell, I had him on Ignore!

Last edited by Texrat; 2007-06-06 at 14:32.