View Single Post
Even as a hobbyist developer with more devices than I'd like to admit, I still think jakibaki did everything right – he disclosed that there was problem with start up time which he intended to fix ASAP – and he did.
Releasing not-quite-ready things (he marked it as BETA, that's right, caps) is a great way to share the load of testing different circumstances. Including devices.

So, yes, in this context of this thread, at this time, "works for me" is totally enough. Please don't discourage hobbyist developers by being not nice – even if you later clarify that you actually talked about someone else. Canonical doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

It helps as much as: "Look, I built a nice bobby car, perhaps you find it useful" – "Oh, thats Bad for getting anywhere!" - "Yeah, I don't have the means to hire testers" – "Yes, exactly, I hate when trains are delayed, because that's what you did. Anyone interested in transportation should build helicopters".

Back on topic.
@jakibaki: As others mentioned, I'd be so happy if you and coderus got together on this and pull on the same end of the rope. While it's a bit scary such a preloader is possible, I think it's totally awesome that you actually did it. Thank you.

TLDR: More love, please. Keep up the good work!

Edit: I took a while to write my rant, juiceme said about the same thing, shorter. cheers!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post: