View Single Post
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Apple really is making every effort to integrate their iPod / iPhone / iPad experience with their OS X experience, and I give them credit for that. But yeah, iOS is its own weird system, not the same as OS X, with different apps and a different UI.

Man, why does it have to be different? Why do I have to give up my desktop applications? (This is a question for Sailfish as well, I guess...)
Has to do with the fact that desktop UI does not work well on smartphone form factors. But I agree, that it is a shame one has to give up desktop applications for something as big as a tablet. At least the option of using them would be nice, besides the optimized tablet apps.

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
However, I also don't see any need for the cloud to be sticking its nose into my business if it doesn't need to. I've got plenty of local storage on my desktop machines, and can easily connect my mobile devices to my desktop machines, given that I'm sitting right next to them most of the time...
Agree with that. You should not be forced to use the cloud if you don't want to. There should always be the option of using local sync.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post: