View Single Post
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
The most obvious bypass would simply be not to have a lock code to enter. For me that speeds things up significantly.
Of course.
But what about private data if device lost?

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Theoretically, it should be possible for camera to save photographs temporarily to non-encrypted filesystem, and then, when you press photo-gallery button within camera app, request from you the lockcode to get access to your disk, and incidentally use the access to both transfer photographs from temporary location to proper directory, and to show you the photo gallery.

It does sound overly complicated...
Not so complicated. As camera pictures save place is hardcoded, I let it save them into MyDocs/Images...dcim_something (unencrypted) and have a script running every night which moves them and makes symlinks to the new destination.

So, we just have to know how to add a button on the lock code and block the photoalbum access by, for example, renaming the app untill the right lock code has been entered or by something else more elegant... anyway I'm sure it's feasible. I dont know compile things and all tricks used to write something in C but it might exist some replacement lockscreens writen in python from which we could copy some code and add a link to the camera app.
But as allways, this is long and full of unexpected bugs.

So: if someone has the trick for hiumself thinking nobody is interrested: please share!

The Following User Says Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post: