Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5+Harmattan Maemo6] [Announce] gpscon gps position cli shell console
View Single Post
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
results in spawning a new instance every time my cron job kicks in and the previous instance never terminates if x is any value other than 1. That means that after 30 minutes I have 10 instances of gpscon running and no data uploaded because my script never passed that line. If I use x=1, the script runs normally but the value is never updated.

What am I doing wrong?
It could be your script or the argument parser of gpscon which causes the weird behavior when used with script/cron.

I think some how the default variable value will be used and this means last known value and endless loop.

If it is not your script (I still need to try) I could change the default values (options and variable) for gpscon or better writing a own argument parser which will work with this situation.

Never tried cron-scripts with gpscon now it is time to do so.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That makes sense. But it turns upside down my understanding of how the positioning in Sailfish works. I never turn it off and I was assuming that it would stay locked. Apparently not.
I think turning on means it could be used. Only when someone makes a request about your position it will get locked and this will be fast when you have all near satellite positions. It could be if the gps uses 3-4 satellites the signal is locked already.
To safe power is priority number one.

Last edited by Halftux; 2016-02-27 at 01:05. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: