View Single Post
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
Scripts were inspired by Preflex work. Besides mention about it in README now I have changed license from BSD to GPL because that was probably initial license of Preflex's scripts and added him as a author to sources. Sorry for not doing it earlier.
Don't sweat it. Thanks! You are correct that the stuff I wrote was GPLv3. I have no idea to what extent my license applies to your work.

Sorry I've been AWOL. Lots of heavy stuff going on. Additionally, I've been stuck with a Nexus 4 on SFOS 2.0.5.6. Try as I might, I've never been able to get a newer version up to snuff. Thus, I've been stuck on an ancient SDK, and development has seemed not worthwhile unless I can build for recent versions.

On the bright side, I ordered a pinephone today, so at least I won't be infuriated by hybris anymore. As I understand it SFOS on Pine still has some rough edges. Given my bizarre personal situation (and pandemic and whatnot) I don't know when I'll be able to contribute.

I deleted all of my github repos the same minute the MS buyout was announced. After what Elop did to us, I'm kind of shocked that any TMO folk still use them. The Idea that users would have to go through MS to access my work disgusts me even more than its unavailability (which I'm also ashamed of, but less ashamed than I would be by still having a github account in 2020).

It isn't currently on my desktop, because my SSD crashed a few weeks ago, but the code persists on a spare drive which is currently difficult for me to access. It's a low priority for me. I have bigger fish to fry, including housing and personal safety.

I've yet been unable to move over to Gitlab. I'd prefer a self hosted instance, however, I just don't have the code at my fingertips. But FSCK MICROSOFT FOREVER! I will never ever, ever, ever cooperate with them in any way.

Last edited by preflex; 2020-07-16 at 07:22.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post: