View Single Post
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Successfully processed a map of the British Isles with the Linux importer (https://github.com/rinigus/libosmsco...git.20161118.1).

Processing time was under an hour with an i5 Haswell, which I think is pretty damn good!

Loaded it onto an SD card, and it is all working great (testing with Poor Maps). I think I could probably play around with the OSMSS settings to get the maps to load a bit faster, because the FP2 has 2GB RAM (looking at the settings, I think they're probably designed to be suitable for Jolla 1 too i.e. 1GB RAM?).

The first route I asked it to calculate was from Guildford to the Isle of Skye, which worked(!) - for those of you who don't live here, that's about 1000km! I was actually quite surprised that the route calculation was successful because OsmAnd had trouble with the length of the route, or the bridge to Skye (maybe it was a map split in OsmAnd?), or both. Not only that, OSM Scout Server was quicker than OsmAnd taking just a couple of minutes. to calculate. So basically, you've beaten the best offline map & routing app for Android already...

I have one remaining question, and a two requests...

In the stylesheets folder, there's a file called map.ost. I haven't copied it to the phone... should I, or is it just used for importing?

Would it be possible to add a folder selection for choosing the folder containing maps? Typing out the UUID of an SD card is pretty tedious!

Can the routing speeds input boxes be converted to mph using a settings toggle in the app to save the hassle of converting them?

Thanks again guys, I'm seriously impressed!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post: