View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by SKD View Post
Edit: Anyway, I like the look of modRana and would like to use it for navigation in future. Unfortunately I don't really understand how to use it for navigation yet. I looked into this howto: http://modrana.org/trac/wiki/TurnByTurnNavigationEN
But the gui looks different in the recent version. I manage to put a green target point on the map but I don't know how to start the navigation itself.
Also: When I click in the menu at POI nothing happens at all and in the options menu at POI there's an empty page. Are these features not supported yet?
N900 or Jolla ? Also Offline or Online navigation ?

Originally Posted by SKD View Post
Another Edit:
If I'm using both modRana and Maep-qt on my Jolla which both store map tiles, would it be possible to use the same directory for both apps so I don't have to download and save all the maps twice?
If Maep uses the same tile storage method as modRana (which is quite likely) it should work, at least for some layers. Possibly with symlinks or by changing the path to the tile storage folder in one of the apps. I'm not sure if Maep can do that but for modRana you can change the path by editing the ~/.config/harbour-modrana/user_config.conf file.

Originally Posted by MikeHG View Post
Has anyone noticed that OpenStreetMap 'Hike and Bike' isn't working?

I noticed that it's now called 'Hike and Bike 2' - could be as simple as a URL change?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hike_%26_Bike_Map
Got a PR from someone (was it you ? :-) ) and it's fixed in git and will be fixed in the next release.

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Martin,

I managed to build mapnik 2.2.0! I simply switched to the thumb toolchain and: it works!
Nice!

[a separate post so you don't miss it]

Besides, I guess it should be possible to get mapnik on Sailfish. There's boost 1.51 (we need 1.47 for mapnik 2.2, the same for 3.0.10) available in the emulator, mapnik used a couple of other libraries, but they could be gotten from some desktop distro. As far as I recall, the main problem porting was a) getting some recent libboost b) coping with scons [I had to use a local copy]

I have no Sailfish device so I won't maintain the Sailfish port of mapnik, but if you find someone to port it to Sailfish (this shouldn't be so hard since Sailfish seems to gather most development nowadays) you'll have the right toolkit for offline maps on Fremantle & Sailfish.
Yeah - to make a sustainable routing solution for (at least) both Fremantle & Sailfish having Mapnik on both would certainly be beneficial.

As for the Fremantle port: although I'll have to drop my N900 as my daily driver, I may maintain the port for some time. I'd prefer to stay on 2.2, but if you need some great & cool feature from the more recent version, I may find a while to upgrade to upstream.
Thanks!

/edit: a quick look and I see that mapnik 3.0.10 on Fremantle may be feasible but not easy. So we'd better stay on 2.2 unless we have a good reason.
OK - BTW, is there a 2/3 change comparison somewhere ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: