Thread: [SailfishOS] Pure Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by SaiFi View Post
I seem to have lost all offline maps and would appreciate any directions for finding out why and bringing them back.

Using Pure Maps and OSM Scout server on Xperia X, subscribing to several countries in the server. Tiles etc. (on SD card) take up 15+ GB.

Recently, while still on 2.2.1 Nurmonjoki, I updated PM + server. Then updated Sailfish to 3.0.0 Lemmenjoki. After that, maps were missing and the server wanted to re-download all subscriptions.

For some reason, even after the download, offline maps are still missing, and PM display is blank regardless of which map provider I pick.

With an internet conection, maps display and it looks like Pure Maps has its own cache of tiles. Going offline again I can see some pieces of some maps, while the rest of the world is missing. This makes me think that PM somehow fails to connect to the server.

When switching maps, it looks like tiles of the previous map are shown when the new map is empty.

I have tried starting just PM on its own or first starting the server and then PM with no obvious difference. Closing PM renders a prompt about it being unresponsive, letting me close it by force.

The server GUI shows messages that look ok to me, there's just one warning about Valhalla missing elevation tiles. Should not affect map display? All subscribed countries are listed as available

Please let me know if there is any other info I should gather to diagnose this.
Let's try to figure out what's going on. Let's check if something went wrong with the databases.

Would you mind to check whether online providers do work. For that,

* In PM: Select any of Mapbox's maps in Maps
* In PM: In Preferences/General, clear cache
* Start PM again
* Do you see maps as expected?

To check if the server has databases messed up (either the server or SD card). Let's check using internal storage and some small region:

* Close PM
* On your internal storage, create a folder
* In server: In Profiles, select Default
* In server: In Settings, set that folder for Maps storage
* In server: In Settings, at the bottom, choose to log info messages
* In server: In Map Manager, select some small region for debugging. Download required data
* Keep server running
* Start PM
* In PM: Select OSM Scout as a map provider
* Do you see maps?
* What do the logs of the server do you have? Are there requests for /vi/mbgl/ subgroups?

PS: PM is blank if you have specified online maps and there is no connection, for example.

PPS: Valhalla elevation message is expected and can be considered as a reminder of what's possible but not implemented yet (due to huge storage requirements)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: