View Single Post
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Obviously you never noticed the "help" dialogue prompt that inevitably pops up in terminal ...
No I don't. Ever. There is man pages and many other ways to get help, but you still need the commands to find them.

"....More paint to the canvas than to the face..."?
I dare say..."Dabbling" with finger paints will inevitably mean you get it on your face... You must be a talented authority on the arts...
I was referring to a not-an-artist-at-all-person like me, who still could start training painting just by having some paint tubes, a brush and some canvas, and start messing with the paints. Sure, he wouldn't be an artist by no means at this point. Nobody would call his painting a piece of art, not even himself. But at least he would end up with some paint on the canvas (and probably in many other places, like his clothes and face). So he would be more successful than guy trying to guess commands in terminal.

Everyone is an expert and critic on the arts it appears...
That I find overwhelmingly insulting...
Go back to your finger paints ...
So is this the reason? Because you are an artist, you took my words as an insult, when I said that getting started with terminal is more difficult than getting started with doing arts? I had no intention to insult anyone or criticize any kind of arts. I find it awesome that there is people who have the gift/skill of sculpturing, painting, dancing, playing instruments, singing, writing great code, photographing, moviemaking, desinging things etc. Particularly because I have no gift of doing any of those. My first post was exaggerated; I don't really think that coding is the ultimate art. But I still stand behind my words about my original point. That getting started with any of the things I listed above would be easier without source of help, than getting started with using terminal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post: