View Single Post
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Advertisement.....................Milhouse cloning script
Have NOT done this cloning for 3 months, just received my Patriot 8G miniSD for my N810, I went straight to this thread on #292 and re-familiarized myself and finished the cloning in less than 10 min. Yup, from opening the card, and physically inserted to N800 (see below) and cloning and up and running on my N810 in less than 10 min! Now, what is the point? Bunanson is a genius, Bunanson is smart, Bunanson is great....these are well known facts, , we do not have to keep repeating it and is not the main point of this post. The whole idea is, once you did it, the second time and the the third time etc, will be like making copies from your CD, it is totally automated as long as one has not removed/deleted files from your tablet. So, if you have to spend, say, 3 hrs
to make it cloned successfully the first time, and if you count on getting at least 3 more upgrades in the future, your actual cloning time should be divided into 4 times, i.e., 45 min each.
Advertisement....................Milhouse's cloning script

I did this one slightly different, I would like to jog it down, in case I have to do it again and there are so many different combinations, int/ext SD, N800/N810, etc, the more versions, newbie can just pick the one fit their system and copy the whole process without any modifications

This is a cloning of N800 in internal SD and use on a N810 system. I have more installed apps on the N800 than the N810, that is why.

Bootmenu installation, http://examplified.net/guide/Nokia_7...ting_from_MMC/, perform steps 6,7,8,9 and then 13:

Type

sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/
tar zxvf initfs_flasher.tgz
cd initfs_flasher
mv bootmenu.conf.n800.example bootmenu.conf #or choose your own one

Close all applications, and disconnect from internet. Then type:

./initfs_flash

This will ask you several questions, here is what I recommend (type what's in bold):

backup? no
remove extra stuff? yes
found, do you want to add it to initfs? yes
ready for flashing this image? yes
Press enter to reboot device

Press enter. Boot from internal flash as we haven't cloned the system yet on to the MMC.

Reboot
sudo gainroot
chroot /mnt/initfs cal-tool --set-root-device ask:mmc2 #pick your own choice
__________________________________________________ _____

A Patriot 8G miniSD card. Successful without using LLF, see here for details, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=16067
__________________________________________________ ______
Prerequisite already satisfied, see beginning of thread, e.g., getting setup/installed becomeroot,wget,e2fsprogs,http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#initfs etc done.

N800 running 2.2007.51-3, a 8G Patriot miniSD/SD adpater inserted as internal card, the one one has to open the battery compartment to get to, /media/mmc2, NOT the one behind the kick stand, /media/mmc1.
xterm/sudo gainroot
umount /media/mmc2
sfdisk /dev/mmcblk0 -uM
0,5400,0C (This gives 2.4G for KDE; if no KDE, use 0,7200,0C)
(return)
(return)
y
reboot

______(start from here, step 7 of thread #1)_________
xterm/sudo gainroot
cd ~/bin
./nupgrade.sh wipe
"Using...ext2fs
Continue? (YES/no) : " YES
it runs for 5+ minutes and ends up with
Committing updates and Unmounting filesystems
Done
/home/user/bin #

No error messages.

reboot, boot up from mmc2 i.e., int SD, partition 2.

Now, you can then do the FAT formatting
xterm/sudo gainroot
mkdosfs /dev/mmcblk0p1
reboot

enjoy,
Edit: need to adjust partition for Debian installation, follow myself in this thread, partition/script done in 5 min. And now boot up as expected. Dont you love it?
bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-20 at 03:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post: