View Single Post
Originally Posted by thebtman View Post
1: Why is that important?

2: Is there a way to test this?

Thanks
It is important because while it may have a 'mediocre at best' sequential copy speed, it may have a totally badass 4k random block read write speed.

You see, SD card 'class' is a pile of total non-sense peddled by certain manufacturers to appeal to the number obsessed 'pro-sumer' (read: techno-mongo).

Generally hardware manufacturers will bodge something in order to get these super high SEQUENTIAL read/write speeds at the expense of random small block read writes.

If you want to just copy movies and photos to/from the card then this is great. If you however want more from your card i.e. to use it as program storage, swap space or to host an OS small block random read/writes are more important. The best example I know is this.

Originally Posted by 'droid rager
Dude, this bro-card is class 20 to the max yo. I can lol tweet my assmemes onto the cloudspace liek a boss
Originally Posted by me
Cool, how is the 4k block random read/write speed? Have they broken the 200K barrier yet?
Originally Posted by 'droid rager
lolwut?

Last edited by vi_; 2012-02-01 at 15:35.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post: