View Single Post
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Please anyone who has not enabled SR, to do a little experimenting with default and dsp profiles and to confirm/not if SR is stable and how is the battery life with SR. Also if you have your own undervolting profile, I will appreciate a comparison between your manually tuned voltages and SR calculated. SR should be rock stable in KP50, but I need a confirmation.

Note:
Have in mind that if you have your own undervolting profile, SR would not make battery life better, at least not much.

Not stable for my device yet, did a little testing with default dsp and a modified dsp profile.

I find that SR is not stable for stock mpu clocks above 600hz, voltage seems to be too low for stability even at default DSP clock(430).

eg 720 xx 430 (voltage 45 shown with kernel config)
805 xx 430 ..

both = fail, occasional reboot when locked on each frequency with 90+ % mpu load for above 3-4 minutes.

Tried doing a dirty trick to achieve stability by using dsp boost @ 250,

I do not wish to oc the DSP unnecessarily (I use 850 xx 600 for video recording purpose),so i upped the dsp by 10 mhz to trigger the dsp boost voltages on lower clocks. which will result in the mpu being supplied with more juice.

eg 720 xx 440 (voltage 46 shown with kernel config)
805 xx 440 ...

Still not very stable when the the DSP is loaded with 720p video, it results in a definite reboot after a few minutes of playback.

I would stick with my custom profile till the issue is hopefully sorted.

/nkirk

Last edited by nkirk; 2012-03-19 at 16:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to nkirk For This Useful Post: