View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Good to see where opinions differ

Can not tell about z play but moto z is completely instant and near lag free for me on stock rom and lineage. Can not quite imagine how it could be noticably faster but as you actually can compare, i trust your judgement.
Maybe the z play feels faster because it has less pixels to render?
One possibility is my Z Play being rooted while Z remains stock... So less bloatware in background than Z. I agree they are both instantly response, but the same app loads longer on Z than Z play (still very little difference)

It may be also related on CPU architecture as well, no doubt 820 will be stronger on graphic but in terms of power saving or low power and clock usage 625 could be the winner.

bt headphones user here, so 3,5mm is not an issue for me.
Battery is 1/3 bigger on play but even the Moto z has had >30% left for me when i went to sleep.
BT headphone also costs more battery, why give extra burden to the already struggling Moto Z?

In terms of battery, it's not only on capacity. 625 + 3GB is much more efficient than the 820 +4GB (and 625 being 14nm). 1080P VS 2K also helps greatly. So only being ~30% larger on capacity, the actual usage is more than doubled.

I guess with added mod, any mm less will also be nice.
But i did not actually look out to have a moto z.
A play would have done it but then there was that 249€ offer i could not resist and now i have to convince myself that it was a good decision
Totally agree, on marketing perspective showing Mod with a Moto Z looks much better than with the Z Play. And that price is a steal! I will probably do the same for that price!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: