View Single Post
Thanks for all the work so far man

However, I don't fully understand what you mean by this:

Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
Trick is I've tried a full distro running virtualbox with another system inside running scratch with everything installed...it was too much for the process...the process took...the live distro booted...everything was there..including virtualbox ...but Scratch and all the fremantle goodies was too much data for the process.
You mean your VirtualBox instance crashed? What do you mean exactly with too much (data)?

Scratch ..even by itself.... installed on lubuntu 32bit is still huge for the process.
Most distro install iso's aren't over 8gb ..Scratch alone is about that big...it's alot to try to beat into a smaller space.
There is always cloning...that is a solution...but which is a last solution...
Well, I've said this before, but for me the ISO doesn't need to be "small", e.g.< 10gb, as long as it contains all SDK's. Most people (esp. developers, I would recon) have a 16gb USB stick nowadays right? And sharing of the ISO could easily be done through torrent

lmde2betsy is great since it is pretty close to my desire of utilizing the new jessie..in a rolling release format in live iso distro format. and it works fine with smaller tools ..like qtsdk.
same with antiX15 beta.(jessie as well)..the running distro to live iso with qt sdk works fine...which is fantastic...I am just waiting for antiX15 to be out of beta and then I see a point of continuing there.
Same goes for Bodhi..I did get everthing working properly ...but Bodhi is going through some changes and I want to wait for them to finish and I'll pick up from there.
So just for the moment right now.. I'm working with lmde2betsy...
Cool, sounds good man! Good luck with your lmde2betsy endeavours

Edit: Just noticed I replied to a older post. The above is no longer relevant :P

Anyhow, super sweet dude, thanks a lot! Really curious to see that ISO!

The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post: