View Single Post
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
In fact I have such kernel almost ready. Not sure about stability but week ago I tried to backport mmc stack from N800 kernel (including SDHC, high speed SD and >4GB MMC cards) to latest n770 2.6.16 and after all changes it still works with kingston 2gb mmc just fine. But what is more interesting for me is that this code from n800 kernel makes my transcend 4GB mmcplus card not working in n770 just like it doesn't work in n800 now (but works fine in n770 with 2.6.16 kernel). So now I'm in the process of merging changes again one by one and checking where it breaks. I thought N800 has some HW problem with this card but now it looks like it can be hopefully fixed in software. But if anyone wants to test this kernel with (high speed) SD or SDHC card in n770, let me know.

I was thinking about this SD mod for some time too, 4gb or bigger card in n770 would be nice and I don't remove the card anyway. I was reluctant to kill my only N770 with this mod and was also waiting for 4GB mmcmobile cards (which would make this mod pointless) but now I've got spare N770 one from expansys so I can start modding too :-)
Okay, I'm desperately trying to understand this...

Does this mean that if I were to use your SDHC-patched kernel in my N800 (still on working firmware, so not the latest one!), I couldn't use my non-HC 4GB cards anymore?