View Single Post
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Caluna View Post
Hi,
does anyone know, if there someone working on Amazfit Bip support? As the Pebble devices getting older and older, Amazfit Bip seems to be a good successor of our beloved Pebbles: I bought one, and battery life time as well as the screen is really amazing (could have been Pebble 3). It would be great, if it would work with Sailfish OS.
Unfortunately, AlienDalvik cannot use Bluetooth, so that the Android Apps (Mi Fit or Gadgetbridge) are not able to communicate with the device (additionally it is doubtful if notifications would work). Any ideas about that?
I have two original Pebble Steels and have purchased six batteries to replace as needed, because I refuse to give up on my Pebble Steel. The Rebble replacement is making swift progress, check out their discord server sometime.

Meanwhile, I can't see any real alternatives on the horizon. If the stack for Bip is open, maybe we can do what was done for rockpool when the ubuntu libpebble was ported over. It's really up in the air right now. If I had a Bip, I'd start working on it, naturally.

The Following User Says Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post: