Thread: PR 1.3. Leaked?
View Single Post
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
I'm with you except for this. NOLO is software that should be approached with extreme caution. An N900 recoverable only via JTAG is effectively bricked for most people.
I'm not trying to be picky since I'm not really experienced in this low level flashing stuff, but I thought the N900 didn't have a JTAG port (or it had some sort of serial port that no one knows what it is)?

Eitherway, your point is valid

And @ other posts on this forum, stop spreading ********, the image does not contain the latest git sources, my modest and hildon-desktop are both newer than the one in the image, bme is identical to the one in PR1.2, newer images != newer everything.

Since this image has gone public (sorta) on tmo, I hope you'll do something useful with it instead of ***** about how it doesn't contain features; for instance, find bugs, search the bugtracker, see if they were fixed or if more bugs were introduced; take for example Qt 4.7, QTextBrowser shows black text on a black background, which is a critical bug imo (same code works fine 4.6.2 on PR1.2 btw)

P.S., I'm not sure if the SGX driver was even changed (cba to check), the kernel is dated August 06 btw.

Edit: @ post above, the whole dualboot thing was overhyped too much on tmo, it's only a patch to the kernel, which I think, was introduced after August 6, so it probably isn't in this image.

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2010-10-20 at 20:38.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: