View Single Post
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jul 2018 @ Pennsylvaina, USA
I didn't want to start a new thread but wasn't sure where else to put this. I am a potential new user and have a few "does Sailfish do _____?" questions. Hope that's okay.

1) Is there a web site somewhere with a detailed overview of exactly what features Sailfish offers? I'm not talking about simple videos on swiping or using the camera. I have managed to figure out things like it not including a JVM or a radio app, and not offering downloadable maps, but

2) What sorts of tethering are supported? Bluetooth? Wired? If wired tethering is supported, what drivers package does it use on the computer side? Maybe the same as Android?

3) Does Sailfish include "office" software, i.e. for reading .doc, .docx, .rtf, .xls, .xlsx, and .csv files...plus .odt and .ods since it's Linux? I expect there is a .pdf reader. Is this all native code?

4) What's the current state of the API for blocking calls? I've been getting lots more robo calls lately (is the rest of the world also plagued?) and wish for something better than Blackballer on my E73, which can only process known phone numbers.

5) In previous talk of roadmaps, was there any mention of using the last Symbian feature set as guidance? If so, I would hope all of the above is coming soon.

Thanks!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thetao For This Useful Post: