View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
translation:

The n900 is very powerful, but its hardware configuration is a bit behind. So I had the idea of ​​modifying the n900 with raspberry pi. I chose raspberry pi zero w.
They are currently on the road. (I bought 2 n900 on the second-hand trading platform, without batteries and back cover, and the price is cheap.)

I don’t know if anyone has done a similar modification before? It ’s good to provide any information & suggestions, thank you very much!

The information I can find in China is relatively limited. At present, it is determined that the n900 screen driver problem can be solved. The keyboard is a big trouble, and it is likely that a pcb customized solution is required to make it, but the cost increases.

At present, I only consider keeping the shell of the n900, screen & keyboard, and other functions temporarily abandoned. The battery can be disassembled to make it. If it can be lucky, I will continue to upgrade it.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: