View Single Post
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Greater Chicagoland area
I'm just switching from N9 to Sailfish X and am trying to determine if People app can be limited to synchronizing contacts from Exchange account.

I've only added one of my two Exchange accounts that I had on my N9. I loved the Contacts on that and how only my Exchange contacts that appear in Outlook would be synched to phone.

On Sailfish X in People, it appears that every person is listed and that was over 1000 from just the first account I added. I still have more to add and have stopped. It's almost like a denial of service attack in my People list. If I type "M", I have to do more scrolling to find the right person than I did in all of my combined contacts in the N9's Contacts app.

Is there a way to modify the list of people that appears without having to one-by-one long-press a name, select "delete", then wait five seconds for that one delete to happen? And I don't want any new person to whom I send an email to show up automatically, either. If I want to add a contact, I'd love to be able to do it on my work computer in Outlook and not have the phone be quite as eager to help me.

Thank you for guidance.

[edit] - Alright, I figured out how to use the pulley, "select contacts", then start deleting en masse. But I'd still like to know if there's a way to only have actual "contacts" on Exchange server come over to phone. I saved none on SIM (precisely because Exchange server handles all of that, regardless of what SIM, phone, OS, computer, etc.)

Last edited by RasLikesN9; 2017-11-27 at 05:50.